gas cap light

2late4u

well started my 2014 crossroad 3.6 with 129k and the gas cap light comes on, so jumped out and clicked it a few clicks and then  restarted the engine, i  thought it was gone for about 10 seconds and then it comes back on, about 3/4 tank of gas as well, so I cleaned the cap inside and around the rubber O ring then cleaned the gas tank neck connection real good, restarted the eng and then the light comes back on, so i put some silicone grease thats is for use with rubber products and nope still comes back on , so i run down to O'reillys part store and pick up a new gas cap (stant) they said put it on and drive it for a few days to reset the light ( they said if it doesn't work you can return the cap and get your money back),,, well had high hopes but the light still comes back on have turned the car off and back on about ten times so far still on, so   I will drive it for a day or so going on a little trip on tues so can't get in the dealership before then,,,any other ideas? not good with meters for checking current voltage,, also i live in alabama so underside of the journey is rust free and watched some videos on you tube about broken wires, I dont think i have the smarts for chasing something like that down tho...ANY other thoughts on what to check before i put it into the shop in the next  2 weeks i do have the max unlimited warranty from mopar but my luck it wont cover this and also the $100 ded......LOL

update after putting the stant gas cap on, they said it would take a couple of days for the gas cap light to go off, i did take a small piece of  real fine emery paper and cleaned around the steel tank nozzle lip and then used a bit of silicone grease around the  o ring gasket early today and after a couple short trips the light has went off,,,glad for that