Wiper arm spindle replaceable?

The driver side wiper arm has stripped the splines in the aluminum? "spindle" of the wiper arm that engage the corresponding splines of the wiper motor shaft.  Is this part replaceable or does one have to replace the whole wiper arm?  There is a youtube vid suggesting to just clean the wiper motor splines but I doubt that would be sufficient to achieve an adequate connection.  I can't find these "spindle" parts listed separately, so surmise it is a replacement wiper arm solution but interested if anyone has done a lasting DIY fix.

Edited by phoenix1151

i would assume you will have to replace the wiper arm spindle bar as a whole that said you could try this off you tube looks like the best solution that will still let you remove the arm later if needed..

IF I understand your situation correctly....

The "spindle" is the part of the wiper/motor linkage and those splines can be "cleaned up to grip as they are a hard metal compared to the pot metel used on the wiper arm that fastens to it. The wiper arm can be replace without exceesive cost(unless you are extrememly financialy distressed). Try looking up rockauto.com for price and availability to your ride. The wear and lack of "grip" is almost always found to be from the wiper arm connection TO THE SPINDLE, not as what you speak of in your posting of the "spindle".