"Interdynamics 307 R-134a Plus" Refrigerant

phoenix1151

I was going to evacuate and recharge a couple of vehicle's A/C and I have canisters of "Interdynamics 307 R-134a Plus" Refrigerant. However, this has PAG oil and sealant in the can with R134a (11oz R134a + 2oz oil +1oz treatment additive), and without withdrawing existing oil I'm concerned about overloading oil in the system (one vehicle @ 1.43 lb and one at 1.12lb R134a charge). What's the best way to purge oil out? Blast with N2 into the low side and have high side port open then have to open drain plug on compressor while collecting any oil for comparison to labelled amount? Even then, having a 11/2 ratio of refrigerant to oil in new charge may not match specs. Alternative could be to return what I got and get plain R134a? Opinions welcome.

PS: I posted this exact inquiry on a U.S. automotive HVAC forum site and was abruptly told by two Moderators to throw this stuff away due to it having "sealant". It was also alluded that the oil is not an issue, with no further clarification as they were obsessed with the sealant. I asked further and the God-Mod locked the thread, pompous ass, lol.

Anyway, the Nitro has a static pressure of only 10 psi so no liquid refrigerant and will need a full 1.12lb (18oz) recharge and the label says it has 150cc (5oz) of oil. Just adding a full charge (probably after N2 purge & vac pump evacuation) will add around 4-5oz of oil, essentially doubling the original amount. How can this not be an issue?

6 hours ago, phoenix1151 said:

PS: I posted this exact inquiry on a U.S. automotive HVAC forum site and was abruptly told by two Moderators to throw this stuff away due to it having "sealant". It was also alluded that the oil is not an issue, with no further clarification as they were obsessed with the sealant. I asked further and the God-Mod locked the thread, pompous ass, lol.

Anyway, the Nitro has a static pressure of only 10 psi so no liquid refrigerant and will need a full 1.12lb (18oz) recharge and the label says it has 150cc (5oz) of oil. Just adding a full charge (probably after N2 purge & vac pump evacuation) will add around 4-5oz of oil, essentially doubling the original amount. How can this not be an issue?

i don't fool around with the ac units ,i leave it to those that have the tools and knowledge, BUT i do know anything that has the words sealant ,or will solve a leaky radiator or fix your broken transmission , is not a fix it, only compounds the problem that you are trying to fix, as the old saying goes pay me now or pay me later but one way or other you are going to pay and it will always cost you more doing it that way,,,,but Good luck on your question