Ac not working properly

azhunter84

Good afternoon.  I have a 2009 dodge journey with 140k on it. Recently the Ac stopped working correctly. ( blowing hot on drivers side, and cold on passenger side). 

I checked freon levels, even drained the system and recharged. And replaced "All" blend door actuators.  Still the problem presist. Can anyone please provide any information or advice on how to help. I'm in Arizona and it's currently 115 degrees out. 

5 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

there are 3 blend doors left,right, center which they say is hard to get to, would rec taking it to a good ac place to get it fixed quick

Correct,  I've replaced all 3. I can't figure it out. When the Ac is running I hear a loud "hiss" every so often.  Almost like it's evacuating itself. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:31 PM, azhunter84 said:

Good afternoon.  I have a 2009 dodge journey with 140k on it. Recently the Ac stopped working correctly. ( blowing hot on drivers side, and cold on passenger side). 

I checked freon levels, even drained the system and recharged. And replaced "All" blend door actuators.  Still the problem presist. Can anyone please provide any information or advice on how to help. I'm in Arizona and it's currently 115 degrees out. 

I have the same problem, 90 degrees (hot for MI) here with car sitting in the sun, passenger side cold, driver side hot. Later in the day sitting in the shade the passenger side was cold and the far left drivers side vent was cold and the center driver side vent was hot. That night the AC worked fine. This has only happened twice, once last year and then couple of days ago. I'm thinking it's electrical but I have no idea what. Maybe if you had a way to cool down the car, to sed if the AC comes back. Don't think it's mechanical because all the controls work as they should. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.