Ride quality

A very vague request for improving "ride quality" on an 8 year old vehicle. What suspension maint/repairs have been done to it already? It's at an age when tires/struts/ and some joints and bushings start wearing out. I'd suggest a reputable shop do a thuroigh check of the suspension and then go from there.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:11 AM, 5rebel9 said:

A very vague request for improving "ride quality" on an 8 year old vehicle. What suspension maint/repairs have been done to it already? It's at an age when tires/struts/ and some joints and bushings start wearing out. I'd suggest a reputable shop do a thuroigh check of the suspension and then go from there.

Moved to the correct section.

Agreed. Not much you can do but go through the suspension and replace worn parts. 

How long have you had it and what's changed "recently" where you no longer enjoy the ride quality?

Edited by jkeaton

I’ve had it for about 2 years. And I’ve taken it to 2 different shops and they just balance the tires and say it’s okay. I’ve also been told it’s the “feel of the road” but I don’t like it. It’s like a vibration in the seat and wheel but there’s no actual movement in the wheel as if the tires where out of balance.

What tiure press are you setting tires to? DON'T trust the TPMS to be accurate, use a good quality tire gage. OVERINFLATED will give a harsh ride. I stay right at the door sticker pressure and ride is very comfortable for an AWD that we have. Vibration in the floor/seat MAY also be from drivetrain problem Perhaps for more specific suggestions, you could offer more info of your vehicle like miles, FWD or AWD and even have the motor mounta been checked? The front mount is known to wear quickly causing excessive movement and vibrations.

Edited by 5rebel9