Flash light - new battery - no worky

I hopE this is the right place, so I replaces the battery , and the flashlight didn’t come back on. I check for continuity from the prongs and it was bad , cleaned the corrosion off and that’s good , but it’s still not working, circuit board looks ok visually, anyone know how to check the board to find out if it’s bad or not? 

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you are referring to the onboard flashlight located in the luggare area? Have you measured voltage at the charging prongs? (not just continuity, actual voltage to charge the light). Did you replace the battery with the correct, rechargable type? Did it ever work? Honestly, I didn't know anyone actually used it. 

dodge-journey-20-crd-sxt-2009-new-cars-collection_64.jpg

On 5/31/2022 at 4:36 PM, roxycharbonnet said:

I hopE this is the right place, so I replaces the battery , and the flashlight didn’t come back on. I check for continuity from the prongs and it was bad , cleaned the corrosion off and that’s good , but it’s still not working, circuit board looks ok visually, anyone know how to check the board to find out if it’s bad or not? 

are you talking about the charger port not testing good or the flashlight itself not test good either way check for the fuse to see if its blown, and also check the flashlight bulb as well to see if its good or any power getting to it, if all else fails buy a replacement after all its over 12 yrs old , e bay or oem light replacement ,,,,,,or go to harbor freight and buy a led one that will be better this is the one i have and it is great also it rechargeable as well....

$2999

46 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

Honestly no idea what forums out there could help. Personally i would just replace with a new flashlight but that is just me.

You had asked "are you sure this is the correct forum?". Were you referring to the actual "Dodge Journey" forum, or maybe referring to another forum out there, as in a "Dodge Journey Flashlight" forum, or just a section within this forum? 

Edited by jkeaton