Hello:
New Camera is installed. 2016 Dodge Journey.
The angle of view is strange and shows license and top corners. Backup lines don't line up.
Is there anything it can be done?
There's no angle adjustment on this.
I purchased it online with seller verification as the correct one. 560541AB.

20220415_140708.jpg

are you sure this is the right part number as it doesn't bring up the rear camera when i checked it????...it looks like your camera lens is upside down? i would get back in touch with who ever sold this to you, ,,,did you do the install? usually the camera lens comes in a  whole new trim bracket that you install on the deck lid...

If vehicle originally  had a functioning dealer camera already already, the code would have been installed.

You are correct the part number is wrong, here is a Canadian oem part link.

https://parts.motorcitychrysler.ca/p/Park-Assist-Camera-Rear/74170856/56054158AG.html

I think real issue could be firmware in the new oem camera reacting to the Apple car play  aftermarket interface unit you added.

Electronics sometimes don’t play nice when copy write stuff is involved.  Not much  plug and play in the proprietary automotive world.

I would try a generic aftermarket cam mounted in place of the factory cam. Try for higher IP68 I think water rating and best pixel rating you can find. Alpine aftermarket cams someone said are not bad, around $95 ish.

Edited by John/Horace

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I'm sorry but for some reason I stopped getting notifications from the forum replies.

SO the updates are:

1. The camera Ordered and received was the 56054158AB
  2. According to Mopar has been replaced by the one I received.
  3. I returned it and got the refund. too bad as the resolution and image was great
  4. Ordered the same from a vendor with good feedback on this.
  5. I installed the older one, still the same issues. Works 5/10 times
  6. The Android Auto/Apple CarPlay interface is a good point.... due to the issues and lack of support from ENG-Custom I'll just remove it one of these days.
  7. Once the new camera is here I'll post the updates and findings!

Edited by Miguel Pereira

• 3 weeks later...

Update on this:

1. New camera received from different vendor. 
  2. Installed and exactly as the first replacement.
  3. Went to Dodge today:
  4. They revised installation, and checked all possible software updates for camera, modules, radio, etc. All up to date.
  5. They installed a new one from their parts - the same.
  6. The interface is not causing any issues on this
  7. I was told that my camera is the correct one, the supplier updated the hardware and that's how it shows.
  8. Nothing can be done. Actually, they told me that unlike what I did, if I bought from them, they wouldn't refund as the image is clear and it's not causing or showing any errors.
  9. The lines are the most annoying part.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:17 AM, John/Horace said:

Picture is clear for sure. But the angle and lines are annoying . Do the lines pivot and move and follow the turning of the car ?

Lines don't move and you can't remove/de-activate them

Angle is annoying and takes some time to get used to.

On 4/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Miguel Pereira said:
Hello:
New Camera is installed. 2016 Dodge Journey.
The angle of view is strange and shows license and top corners. Backup lines don't line up.
Is there anything it can be done?
There's no angle adjustment on this.
I purchased it online with seller verification as the correct one. 560541AB.

20220415_140708.jpg

looks like the camera lens is mounted upside down (shooting up)  what is that the top of your garage door?

On 5/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, 2late4u said:

looks like the camera lens is mounted upside down (shooting up)  what is that the top of your garage door?

No. That image is with the trunk closed.

At the bottom you have the Bumper lip, pavement, cement marriers. The background is a brick wall, the dark edges are the corners of the camera/plate lights trim.