2018 Journey key fobs

make sure you used the RIGHT batteries and also that you INSTALLED them correctly,,,,the fobs dont need to be reprogrammed after a battery change......Probably more likely  your problem is the journeys battery under the fender not being strong enough to start itself and or loose or dirty connectors, get it started and then take it down to an auto store and have them do a load check on the battery and also have the alt checked by them as well

also you should be able to use one end of the fobs and push on the start button and that will also start the journey If the cars engine battery is in good condition,,,being a 2018 your battery is probally the org oem one and is going bad

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, BDosier said:

Our journey has been having the normal start one min, not the next, 10 min later starts again.  We changed the battery and now the fobs don't work. Is there a way to program them without taking it to the dealership? 

I had a mobile company come out to my house, sell me a new fob and program it all in my driveway.

it was expensive, and they need the correct wires. 

it stretches from the ODB port to the panel behind and next to the rear passenger seat behind the driver. the panel needs to be pulled away from the door to access a connector.

the wires are then placed into the correct wires to program the key fob.

first i tried to have it done at a local shop but they couldn't figure t out.