Noise when a/c is turn on

AJA

Hello All. 

Wife’s 2014 Journey 2.4L has had almost all cooling system components replaced. Also, replaced tensioner, pulley, serpentine belt, etc… Now, when turning car on, and immediately after, the A/C, it will make a clicking, tapping or knocking noise (can’t really describe it) The belt sometimes makes a slipping sound when the A/C is engaged, too. What could be making that noise? Someone mentioned the alternator pulley (which has not been replaced)

Thank you for any suggestions, beforehand. 

It's from having that pass side grab handle installed ...  LOL    ;)

So "most of a/c components already replaced", Does that mean the compressor itself also? How long ago? the compressor on the 2.4 motors of all similar platform FCA vehicles have a history of weak a/c compressors, and from what I can determine from your posting leads me to think of a failing compressor. IF a/c work was recently done, I'd take it back to whom did the work . 

There is also the possibility that the clutched drive Alternator PULLEY is going bad. With the added resistance of the a/c being turned on can be overpowering the alternator pulley. A '14 model so alternator is probably the original one and about the age of many 2.4 alternator failures. Even my 04 minivan had this type alternator pulley and I experienced a ticking /clinking noise....just before loss of charging ability due to the pulley coupler failing.