(story) Replaced rear pads, brackets, rotors - Now braking issue is resolved!

For the last 30k miles, the brakes on my dodge have been... less than desirable. ABS worked, all the wheels seemed to do their thing to stop the car, but the pedal felt weak, and spongy. I thought that I had either 1) air in the lines, 2) failing caliper, 3) bad master cyl 4) bad booster.... turns out it was just 1 seized slide pin on the driver's side.

So, this last week the rear brakes start grinding metal on metal:rockon:, as 2011-2012 model year brakes are known for eating pads and rotors every 30k miles. (which has been true for me so far). 

I get the 'elite' rotors+pads from Autozone, and go to town:
Turns out: My caliper slide pin on the Driver's side had totally seized up! The outboard pad had 75% remaining, and was worn out off-kilter. The inside pad was totally gone, and was just the backer plate. "what da fuk!?!? I greased those pins every time!" I thought to myself, as I explained to my wife why a 'two hour' brake job is turning into me missing dinner... 

Anyway, I ended up replacing the brackets on both sides, threw it back together, and wow what a difference having functioning brakes make!

4 hours + 17 mosquito bites later:
$204 for pads+rotors
$130 for 2 brackets, 4 pins, 4 boots, and a baggie of grease

The brakes are back! my goodness <3 it feels good to be able to stop like a normal car!