Exhaust pipe/muffler tips 3.5L engine exhaust

Atavio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find it odd that dodge does not sell these for the 3.5L

I am thinking there must be another dodge that we could borrow these from.....

I think the model to look at would be the 3.5L Avenger. It's built on the same platform as the Journey (or should I say that the other way around?) I believe Mopar has an exhaust kit for that car but I could be wrong. Some slight modifications would probably be necessary. I'm patiently waiting for someone to be the guinea pig here...

• 4 months later...

Yeah, mine is 2.25 . I went there looking for a 3 inch but decided to measure it while I was in the store just in case. I never finished looking for a 3 inch so I'm not sure if they have one or not. They did have some that was pretty big. If I go there in the near future I'll take a look. Pepboys deals more with bigger engines. They may have one.

The 3" already fills up the gaps in the bumper, and 4" might not fit due to vibration depending on road condition and transfer to much heat and the bumper could melt.

So you have to go from 3 to 3 1/2" and the length is the next issue, the muffler is directly behind the bumper. 6" is max. Many of them are welded pcs and 10-12" long which do not fit.

I did not visit Pepboys, just looked on the web, measured some things, and drove to the deler. If you find something at pepboys just post it, for sure they will beat the price of the dealer.

Thank again.

I finally got around to checking out some of the other stores. I went to Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, and Pepboys. Advance and Pepboys did not have any that would fit, but Autozone had one that might fit. The inlet was 3.5/outlet was 4 inches and that might be a problem. I did not have any way to test one so it is hard to say if it would fit. The dealer still may be the best option right now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

AI bought the pipes today and installed them (10 minutes), they look fantastic.

Problem with the ones from Ebay is the length of the tip, You only need 6" long units, and not the regular 10-12, which are in many case bolt on units.

I will post some pictures during the weekend.

I'm diggin' those tips...they look great! My 2011 Lux has chrome tips, but those ones look like they stick out just a bit further. Looks good!