Aftermarket radio

Hey all first post here I’m a new owner of a 2020 Dodge Journey SE and I love it. I got the most basic model and the radio doesn't come with Bluetooth. Not a problem for me but at some point I would like to upgrade to one with maybe Apple car play my question is if I buy an after market one is it difficult to hook up? I’ve installed radios before in older cars but never something new any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

44 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

The radio is easy.  Everything that runs through it, that can be hard.  You’ll need to use something like a Meistro module.  Check Crutchfield, they tell you what works and what you need

They say they don’t recommend replacing it? Maybe I’ll just look on eBay for someone selling there dodge radios thanks!

i have Bluetooth thur my radio but i never use it as to much trouble and to me doesn't work that great,,,why dont  you just add an aftermarket blue tooth unit, i know my grandson did in his old pickup  

6 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

i have Bluetooth thur my radio but i never use it as to much trouble and to me doesn't work that great,,,why dont  you just add an aftermarket blue tooth unit, i know my grandson did in his old pickup  

I can still listen to my phone music through the usb and that’s fine I’m thinking I’m going to go through eBay and get an OEM one instead of trying to mess around with an after market one 

15 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

Not cheap, plus you need the BT module, not built into the radio.  Maybe you can add BT to your current radio.  Ask the dealer parts guy...the module is around $500 if I remember 

I’ll do that have to stop in there tomorrow to get my whispers looked at I’ll see what they charge just looking for something to make the car pop and with with it being so new I don’t want to rip out the factory radio and put in an after market one thanks for the help

• 1 year later...