Telematics Module - Integral Locating Pin?

I bought a used telematics module off eBay (supposedly for my 2012 Dodge Journey), installed it but it didn't rectify my no connection issue. I didn't mount it in place, could this be the reason it still doesn't connect? There is an "integral locating pin" on the mounting case, should I have mounted the module before testing it? I just left it hanging by the connectors while I tested if it connected or not. See item #1 in attached photo.  What does this "Intergral Locating Pin" do?  Does this pin close a switch or something?

Screenshot_20210228-110225_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, probak118 said:

You have nothing to loose by trying...that name sure makes it sound like it is a possibility ? They do the same thing for CO detectors that plug into a wall socket.

Yeah good point.  It's worth a shot before I send it back.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:10 AM, probak118 said:

You have nothing to loose by trying...that name sure makes it sound like it is a possibility ? They do the same thing for CO detectors that plug into a wall socket.

I tried it again.  The pin is only for aligning in the case.

Edited by Howitzer

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/9/2021 at 5:46 AM, probak118 said:

If your sure that is the part needed, perhaps it is not working ? Might need to buy new then, just curious what is new worth, from what I read not an expensive part ? 

Yes, very expensive... $900-$1000 new at the dealer.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:25 PM, Locosiete said:

I'd also make sure no crud on connections. Who knows what it was pulled from. Could have been exposed to elements. That's the gamble buying used online 

Yeah I agree it was a gamble.

2 hours ago, John/Horace said:

I'm puzzled what is the correct part number... the local dealership says its 68222278AA,  yet the above website says it's 68222279AA.   ???

2 hours ago, John/Horace said:

If dealer used vin they would be more accurate. Motor city is $724 for that part plus shipping, so cheaper.

Did wrecker part show the correct part number on it.?

https://parts.motorcitychrysler.ca/p/49391033/68222278AA.html

Yes, I believe the dealer used the VIN.  Funny thing is the 68222278AA number according to motorcity doesn't fit my 2012 Dodge Journey R/T. I wonder if the *******79AA would work just fine, it is a lot cheaper for some reason...

12 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Did wrecker part show the correct part number on it.?

No, it was a different number that the seller said will work in my vehicle.  It didn't work, I sent it back and they refunded the purchase.  Still waiting to be paid for my return shipping (as promised).