2015 Journey Radiator Removal

rrb6699

can you remove the radiator only without removing the a/c condenser and trans cooler?  if so, what comes apart to allow this? 

i saw a couple videos on YouTube but they are not related to just removing the radiator. 

thx. 

IMG_20210215_124915096.jpg

They can in all vehicles I have ever worked on. There are brackets with screws clearly visible in your picture that need to be disassembled. 

I haven’t taken rad out of a journey yet. But rads usually have two brackets to hold top to upper rad cradle and the bottom of rad usually have two small feet that fit into grommet holes in lower rad cradle. On the journey the feet are square in picture and fit into slots in lower cradle.

Take your time and be gentle as you can with a/c condesnor, don’t want to cause refrigerant leak. It’s a light weight aluminum coil. People will sometimes remove the bolts from upper rad cradle with hood latch attatched to it and swing it out of the way. Pics are for v6 radiator.

Check the Utube experts.

90FA390E-59C4-46AC-8B97-02007E5900E6.jpeg.088621b02cc99bf444294cc3ae20e70a.jpeg2EDD5D41-9CBB-46D6-B83E-44BAD91BD1AA.jpeg.c5e13cf2c3f052c884a4068f0e6a4d5b.jpeg

Edited by John/Horace

• 3 years later...