ABS Module replacement C2200 C2206

Hello everyone, im new to this forum and to this vehicle aswell..

Dont know if this is the right forum section either but i hope it is lol... Anyways, i have a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT with the big 2.4L four banger engine which i just purchased from a friend, it originally had the dreaded C2200 Internal failure ABS Module code (dont remember the exact description but anyways...), i read about the recall, however, im located in Mexico so its a no go for me to get the repair for free of charge from the dealership..

I got the new module, checked the part number with my VIN and the installation went smoothly, the only thing is that i cant get the ABS module to initialize, im using a Launch CRP429C and whenever i try to do it i get "Unable to initialize ESP Sensor" message and when checking for codes i have the C2206 vehicle configuration mismatch DTC... 

My question is: 

Do you positively absolutely 100% need the wiTech / StarScan software and hardware to initialize the ABS module after you replaced it for a genuine NEW module?

Is it necessary to write the VIN with said software? 

On a side note when i try to read the module information from the old ABS module it reads the correct VIN number, if i do the same for the new module the VIN pid is empty.

Thank you in advance!.

i am no mechanic BUT when my abs light came on and it ended up being wheel speed sensor when i tried to get the local auto stores to read it, they said they couldn't due to covid but more important that the abs codes and ability to read them were a priority code that only the dealerships could do or authorised mechanics. maybe someone else can answer your question with a better answer, but whatever you do to get it fixed please report back for others to learn from good luck....

Hello, thanks for your replies, as an update I managed to get the engine running by connecting the old module while the new one was still installed, took the car to a small shop which has the wiTech software and after writing the VIN the car started with the new module (yaay).

However, the guy ran the abs initialization and ESP calibrations (SAS, Rolls, G-Sensor calibration and all of that stuff) and the ABS light is continuously turning on intermittently and activating a chime.. used my scan tool and checked for ABS codes and none are present, tried running the initialization again on my end and it passes all the tests, however the module doesn't seem to be saving the information, car is aligned and suspension is tight...

Any ideas of what could cause the calibration not saving on the module memory's?

EDIT: I also checked the ABS PID's "Steering Angle Sensor Calibration Complete"

"Rolls information complete" and

"G-Sensor Calibration Complete"

And all of them had "Failed" values...

SAS Sensor Is reading -2° with the steering wheel pretty much centered and from lock to lock I remember reading about +-520°. Sensor signal PID value reads "Valid".

I'm very confused about this :(

Edited by oscarmiked3