Need to get suspension upgrade for wheelchair rack on 2012 Journey SXT FWD

Hello all. I am looking for a way to get a rear strut or suspension add on to carry the weight of an electric wheel chair weighing approximately 600 lbs.  This is my parent's car and they recently have been using an electric wheel chair when they go out as both are disabled.  The SUV has approximately 70k on it now and when they loaded the chair onto the carrier,  it sagged the rear end extensively, and the struts have not reset yet.  This carrier also extends out approximately 3 feet behind the SUV. The carrier attaches to the Journey by means of a 2 inch receiver hitch. I am looking to replace the struts on their Journey, but want to put in a strut that can handle this weight without sagging too much. Has anyone modified their suspension for a task such as this before?

thought i was pushing it with my wifes 3 wheel scooter and its only about 1/3 the weight you are trying to carry you are way over the  Tongue weight of the class 3 hitch for the journey we- also use a carrier that extends about that far behind the bumper and has a fold down ramp to load the scooter,,, and i have some problems with the rear getting out of alignment and is probally due to us pushing the limit with her scooter, i dont believe it will be worth it to make it possible to haul such a load...Griffin Mobility  use to makes a tow behind unit that would carry the chair but it runs around $ 2700 it looks like a small 2 wheel trailer that the chair loads onto....sounds like they really need a bigger vehicle to carry the weight that you are talking about...good luck