2017 Journey GT AWD

johnvosh

Hello everyone, new to the forum. Just bought a 2017 Dodge Journey GT AWD, going to be picking it up Monday after work. It is Jazz Blue Pearl exterior and Black/Tan interior. According to the window sticker that I was able to get online, the only extra option it had is the CPP 28X. List price was CA$38,840. I paid $14,500 for it. Has 117,000 KM's on it, 1 owner. Has quite new winter tires on it, so I'm set for winter!

Once I get the vehicle, will drive it for a week or two, then I'll start doing a major service to it. I want to drop the tranny pan and replace the filter and the fluid that comes out with the pan drop, replace the belt, check and replace spark plugs, replace all 4 O2 sensors as well as the PCV valve, replace the diff fluid and the transfer case fluid.

I also need to take and install a hitch and wire connector as I bought this to pull a small travel trailer. Actually have to get a smaller trailer as my 1978 Travelaire Rustler is a bit too heavy, weighing 2800 pounds dry. Sucks too because I had gone in looking at a truck, but couldn't afford it because of how they could do financing, so they suggested this vehicle after I told them the weight of the trailer and they said, yup you shouldn't have a problem towing it with this.

This vehicle is replacing my 1997 Ford Taurus with 307,000 KM's on it.

20200919_142322.jpg

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

sounds good but dont forget to do a rad/coolant flush and coolant change as well...welcome to the group, which eng did you get i am assuming the 3.6?

Yup, has the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine and 6 speed auto tranny. I actually had the 3.6L in a 2013 Challenger and I liked it, so hopefully this one does good too!