Hand Free System on UConnect Not Loading

I just purchased a 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroads at a Chrysler dealership in Regina Saskatchewan.  I am almost 100% sure I have the 8.4 Navigation version of Uconnect.  When I got to the phone icon to try to set up the bluetooth connection to my android phone the screen says "Hands Free System Loading Please Wait..." and never changes.  When I got to the More icon and then to settings and the Phone/Bluetooth nothing happens.

I have tried to reset the radio in the Dealer Menu by holding the temp buttons and the defrost button I don't get any way to reset the radio.  I can Reset User Settings but I don't know what that means.

I have heard that there is an engineers menu but I can't find how to get into it.

Any ideas?

20200723_123914.jpg

20200723_123927.jpg

42 minutes ago, KV1 said:

I live in the middle of nowhere.  Is a 2 hour drive back to the dealership.

calling their service dept might be a quicker way to fix the problem and also will let them know you are having a problem with your purchase from them either way hope someone will chime in on a possible way to fix your problem

You have the navigation package (hence the icon that says 'nav' at the bottom of the screen).

You also have a sick Bluetooth module.  You have four hours of driving plus the usual wasted time sitting at the dealer to look forward to.  Check to be certain he has a new module on the shelf to avoid a second 4 hour drive.

• 1 year later...

Caso tenha este problema consigo resolver para qualquer lugar do planeta por acesso remoto, so preciso de um Notebook com sistema operacional Windows e internet. mando os esquema eletrico e faço tudo remoto! preencha o formulario se tiver interrese. https://forms.gle/qih53Hch8w3TLtp97  

If you have this problem, I can solve it anywhere on the planet by remote access, I just need a notebook with Windows operating system and internet. I send the electrical schematics and do everything remotely! fill in the form if you are interested.

IMG_20220621_212739270_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211219_064009425_MP.jpg

IMG_20211216_195456388.jpg

IMG_20211209_214954623.jpg

IMG_20211210_093422767.jpg

• 3 months later...

Chrysler has had problems with their Uconnect system pretty much since its inception. Very rarely will the Bluetooth in our Journey connect to any of our phones without us deleting them first and then re-pairing them, and even then it will say “connected” but when you go over to play music and hit “Bluetooth” as the source it says there’s nothing connected. I replaced the hands-free unit and the problem still exists.