2017 v6 P0302...

Parz1val

Interesting. Should be fixable with JB Weld or one of the other automotive expoxy compounds. File the bottom flat where it meets up with other components to keep torque specs accurate. I would try to reuse for sure.

Heat and long hiway miles I don’t think that hard on a vehicle. Extended idling and stop and go city worse IMO.

So much plastic on all the cars for weight reduction. Mechanics often have thermo welding  kits for doing this kind of repair.

Tube epoxy should be good enough. Pretty appearance not relevant, just strong.

image.thumb.jpg.1d4d2de0db34787bceee9c33c10b88c5.jpg

• 7 months later...

First off, my problem ended up being a valve seat. Rebuilt a head and put it all back together. Two months later a new nasty noise, sounded like a very bad rod knock...ended up being a busted flywheel. I just finished getting the vehicle back together and it has passed it's test drive.... Didn't think the old Mopar flywheel gremlins existed these days! This was not a fun job to do in the gravel!

IMG_20211007_193022.jpg

Thanks for the follow up info, great for the site. Those lines are cracks I guess, have never seen anything like that, wow.

Cherry picker from above on motor, or tranny/subframe drop from below for flywheel access, curious. Your obviously beyond a typical diy guy to be tackling a repair like this in your driveway.?