driver side tail light doesnt work

Hello I have a 2012 dodge journey sxt with a v6. the driver side tail light doesn't work. When the engine is running if I turn on the lights after about 7 seconds the drivers side tail lights will flash twice  then go out then flash twice once more then they won't come on again. The other side woks normally. I don't know if this is some sort of a code telling me what IS wrong. I had installed a curt trailer wiring harness when I got the vehicle 4 years ago and it has worked ok till now. I checked all the wiring on the trailer wiring harness and everything seems ok. I disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset the computer?? This didn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated

might want to disconnect the curt wiring harness from the both sides, not hard to do and see if that makes a difference, cant remember, do you have led taillights or the reg bulbs, if regular bulbs remove and check the connections in the socket and also the bulb, my daughters jeep had a bad connection in the connector and had to replace it...just a thought.good luck and report back on what fixes your problem.....if led light housings you should be able to exchange the right to the left and let them hang to check to see if the problem stays the same or moves with the housings

If you have the Curt wiring harness, you may also try taking the fuse for the harness off at the battery terminal. This powers off the resistor... assuming you have the LED lights. Or as stated above, disconnect it all to see if it makes a difference.