Won’t start

My 2014 Dodge Journey SXT 2.4L won’t start. The engine turns over, all the belts move and fuel pump/injectors work(I know that because spark plugs are wet with fuel and can hear the fuel pump) but it won’t fire. The engine light turns on and flashes but there’s no codes to be read.

We just replaced head gasket, the timing chain(tensioners and guide), the crankshaft sensor, and the camshaft sensors. 

I’m at a lost at what the issue could be and slowly replacing everything and anything is going to get costly. Any ideas what it could be?

8 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

recheck all your connections as something happened during your install, please report back on what you find for others to learn

We’ve done that twice plus hooked up the diagnostic reader to insure timing and everything was correct. The reader isn’t showing  anything remotely wrong with engine or transmission.

The head gasket was replaced 3 months ago and it drove fine after. I just added that because it’s been fairly recent since it was replaced so I know that isn’t the cause Of the issue. 

Edited by afaye2012@gmail.com

might sound stupid but has the battery been replaced or checked, Journeys dont like a near bad or bad battery, try jumping it to start or charge the battery up to full charge,my 2014 battery just went bad a few weeks ago and acted just like what you are talking about lights radio and other things worked just wouldn't try to turn over

Edited by 2late4u

3 hours ago, 2late4u said:

might sound stupid but has the battery been replaced or checked, Journeys dont like a near bad or bad battery, try jumping it to start or charge the battery up to full charge,my 2014 battery just went bad a few weeks ago and acted just like what you are talking about lights radio and other things worked just wouldn't try to turn over

Just got battery charged/tested and back installed. Replaced spark plugs and it still won’t start.

So when you go to start it what exactly happens? Does the engine try to start? Does nothing happen? Do you just hear a clicking sound? If we take it step by step (without actually being there) you may get some better help. Knowing this I can give you better options on what to look at or test.