Winshield Washer Pump Not Working (Front & Rear)

Hello everyone!

This is my first post since we just got our 2013 Dodge Journey, being this the 2nd Journey we have in the family since we really liked this car.

I realized that the when I press the switch so the windshield fluid comes out, the pump doesn't make any sound and no fluid comes out, happening the same in the rear window. At first I thought it could be a fuse but then it seem weird that both switches weren't working and I decided to purchase a new pump, since it's easy to replace. Anyone that had the same issue knows if that's the best option, or should I replace first the fuse?

Thank you!

i would assume it is connected to the wiper function, are the wipers working? also you could check with a meter to see id you have power going to the washer pump,also there is a separate fuse box under the glove box under the dashboard hard to find and see but there is one there,,,,or you could call the local dodge dealership and talk to the parts department they have all the part numbers and books. good luck  P S just in case my daughters van was not squirting fluid and it ended up being a hole in the hose between the pump and the squirters  but i could hear the pump so thats gave me a clue to search for it

Edited by 2late4u

• 6 months later...

I have 2012 dodge journey. Washer fluid is not coming out the front or back. I replaced pump and still not working. There seems to be no power getting to the pump. Any suggestions?  

Not sure where to post as it appears I'm replying to someone. 

as mentioned before HAVE you checked the fuses? you could run a temp wire from the battery post to the washer pump to verify that it does work, and also check the wire connection with a meter to see if juice is going to the pump, remember it would only show juice when pressing the button for the pump.