Okay, so I bought a 2009 Dodge Journey SE today after looking for a really long time for the CD/ DVD reader I realized the radio is supposed to open, now I pressed the button and the radio screen and audio would turn off and then back on but the radio would not open to allow insertation of a DVD or CD. Please HELPPPPP ??? includes a pic like the radio I have 

EB4F4E63-3050-429C-90DE-7C952A82EA99.jpeg

2 hours ago, OhareFred said:

Upper left hand side.  Says open/close. Press that the screen opens and you can out in you cd/dvd. Yes, it plays movies, but not while moving.

Well yes, I pressed the button lol. It just didn’t work. The radio turned off like it was going to open but it didn’t open then it turned back on. So the movie won’t play in the back seat while driving?

Sorry, thought you were pressing the round volume knob or some other button.

you could try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 45 mins or so.  A lot of weird issues with the DJ get resolved by trying this.  Otherwise I’d say the radio is broken.  If that’s the case I’d go aftermarket.  I put a Kenwood with hands free CarPlay and phone for around $600, but I do not have the rear seat dvd screen.

if you do get it to open, the video will play in back while driving.

let us know how it goes.