Kaila hoefer

Kaila

I have Dodge Journey 2012 won't start brakes are hard and keeps saying key not detected and I just got a new battery at the auto store for my key what could be the problem no codes or anything just won't run or drive 

Most likely the 12v battery is dying; Try jump starting the car for a temporary solution if you need to drive immediatly.

Later, when you get to a mechanic, or an automotive store, ask them to test the battery/alternator.

I'm thinking that the battery is weak/dying. It will need to be replaced. (It's in the Left-side wheel wheel).

When the condition of the battery is less than perfect, the computer, and most of the electrical components tend to give mysterious issues. It is a common issue with this car, as well as most other modern cars. Once the battery is replaced, these issues will likely disappear.

Goodluck! :cool:
(If you're in the USA, goodyear service center charged me 160 dollars for a battery+labor. All my local walmarts refused to change the Dodge Journey battery because of it's slightly frustrating location.)

Edited by NavalLacrosse