confirmation requested: Rear 12v outlet Powers down when vehicle is not running?

Kubda

I want to buy a 12 volt cooler and plug it into the rear outlet. My understanding is that the outlet will be pulling power only in ACC or on/run. 

I just wanted to confirm that that is the case, because there may be times it'll just be easier to leave the cooler plugged in when I leave the vehicle or to avoid wear and tear..but I'm worried in case I forget to disconnect it or in case I get delayed getting back to the vehicle,  that I won't drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!:)

Edited by Kubda

According to the Owner's manual for my 2016, the front power outlet is available in the ACC/RUN position. The other 2 outlets, the rear and the center console, are available in the LOCK/ACC/RUN position.

Consult your Owner's manual. Mine is on page 268-270. If you do not have one, they are available free for download on the web.

Edited by Summer Solstice

thank you yes, I got my information from the manual. I wanted to see if anyone could give me confirmation from a real-life experience (I know from Reading other threads, some people don't put a lot of faith in the manuals).

Edited by Kubda