Front Seat Covers

Hello fellow Dodgers! I hope you are all well? 

Not a major modification but for me a very pleasing upgrade as I was not a fan of the original fabric on my Dodge Journey. 

Was reading on the Forum and Internet on best way to fit these as you require to remove the Head Rests, which are attached to Airbag Cables.

My 2010 DJ  won't deploy at Head Rest but it does have Side Airbags so I needed to disconnect these to free the Head Rest Posts from seats.

So I had to disconnect Battery terminals with 10mm Wrench first to avoid any potential Airbag Warning Light when I reconnected Airbag Cables. 

Unzipped original seat fabric, both sides, starting at bottom, to allow access to rear of seat, un-clip Airbag Cable, recline seat a little, then press in button at base of Head Rest. 

At opposite side you'll find a small hole that needs a straightened paperclip or a thin but sturdy wire, push this in as you slowly pull up Head Rest. 
Fit new and improved seat Cover. Reverse all of the above and stand back and admire your handy work! :hat_tip:

Best Regards 
James 

5dcbf44205538_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.4ddb49bfb8f37cbe29c17b476089d9bc.jpg

Edited by JimBobLeNob

Thanks Guys! :cool:  They were a reasonable cost ( £21.99 so around $27 ) for the pair. 

I'm now on look for something to compliment them and snazzy up the rear seats. 

Only thing is, unless you cut the new seat covers you will lose the use of the little storage pockets at the back of front seats. :whistling:

I was looking at a pair of Storage/Organiser Bag things with a folding table for the Bambini's which hang on back of front seats. 

On a safety note, the Dodge Journey Owner Manual does advise not covering Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, in case of any restriction if deployed. 

Your Seats will have a visible label attached if they do indeed have this Airbag. Worth thinking about. 

Best Regards 
James