Fog Lights - Useless

I don't really know what there is to recall. If they turn on and are aimed properly, there's little that could be wrong with them.

In my experience, the effectiveness of fog lamps has everything to do with the type of fog encountered. Some fog is so thick that nothing can penetrate it. Also, it's sometimes better to run JUST the fog lamps and not the low beams at the same time, although I wouldn't be surprised if that's illegal in some places. I also think running fog lamps when there is no fog may likewise be illegal in some places as it adds to road glare for opposing drivers.

yah they are usually ilegal unless the conditions are appropriate, I don't think you could have a recall either, I don't run this place but I am staff on another forum and keeping things organized starts with the members, please try to post where it is relevant, this section is for recalls that are out there, or TSBs that should be addressed not just pointing out something with your lights

Sorry, I'm used to a different style of forum and just noticed that we don't have a Lounge to talk about just whatever seems to come up, maybe the owner could get to that if we ever find out who he is

well then .. why just don't setup one and get things organized just like we want ?

well then .. why just don't setup one and get things organized just like we want ?

At the moment I'm not really interested in putting the money and time into making a new forum, I know how hard the staff works on the Bonneville Forum that I am part of the staff at. If we can get the owner to get some of the members more permissions here we could make this like we want to

• 5 months later...

:)

Well, the past two nights have been the first real Fog driving in the Journey. The stock/factory Fog Lights are almost useless. They only add a little extra visibility, but also add more fog glare. In non-Fog situations, they help a lot.

That's because they are driving lights, not fog lights....Fog lights are amber color and work well....In fog. Driving lights, which you have, are not intended to be used in fog..They just illuminate the fog more and make it difficult to see, just as high beams do...

• 1 month later...