Engine tick

We recently bought this 2014 Journey AWD 3.6, 112K Miles, when it's cold there is a predominate  tick from the engine.  It doesn't quite go away when warm but isn't as noticeable  I assume it's from the rockers, as I've learned they can be a problem. I plan to have the sparkplugs replaced soon. I am thinking of having the rockers replaced at the same time, since I found out how much you have to remove just to get to the sparkplugs. Not sure I'm up to doing this myself, any advice on the subject.  Average price to replace plugs and rockers by a mechanic?

Edited by Johnny Cache

Youre looking at 500 plus for rockers. I did mine myself. Found some videos on youtube. If you do them or a mechanic does. Make sure to replace both valve cover gaskets. I did the the repair around similar mileage to yours. Hell since youre past the mileage and have to take off the pcv valve anyway. You might as well replace that too.

Edited by DJRI

Thanks, that's about what I thought. I could probably do it myself and save some money, but I'm getting tired of working on cars, so maybe I'll let my mechanic do it, at least find out what he'll charge.  I saw a few videos, and just to replace the sparkplugs you have to pull the intake manifold, not sure that's was a good design idea. Is there a gasket to replace on it too? So I assume, going after the rockers isn't much more work.  Other wise the car seems fine and I hope to get about 100K out of it, fingers crossed. I'm petty much old school not used to plastic engine parts.