No heat to rear

Dodjour

2010 dodge journey has no heat to rear at all. Front heat works good. Replaced rear heater core, both thermostats, and flushed the lined to ensure no blockage. I have verified im getting SOME coolant to the rear but the lines running to the back are not even getting hot so i think the flow is very very minimal. Its almost as if the front heater core is taking all the hot coolant away... any thoughts?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just this evening I was having this problem with my wife's 2012 Journey and could not get anything but cold air from the roof vents in the rear no matter what I tried. Then I got the bright idea that it might be an air lock in the rear heater core, so I pulled the car into the driveway, leaving the rear wheels at the curb. This caused the front end of the car to be raised about 6 to 8 inches higher than level, after revving the engine to about 3 grand, lo and behold...Heat from the ceiling vents. Seems it was an air lock all along. Hope this helps someone else out there.