Engine/Tranny mount locations

checkstr

Quick question....And quite a mystery trying to find using Google....Does anyone know where the engine mounts are located on a 2014 DJ Limited?  I have one that I think is broken, but not sure if it is actually a mount.  It is located under the engine towards the front of the car and in the centre just ahead of the front wheels.  It's attached to the frame.IMG_5338.thumb.JPG.d57c7a2df002d0466d537f7fd1df7dc5.JPG

rock auto online has your mounts with pictures of them and prices,depends on weather fwd and awd...good luck also dealership or any competent auto repair shop should be able to point them out for you in general.....fyi i would replace with mopar parts just to make sure you get the correct ones and get good quality ones. also there is a mopar sites online with good discounts. good luck

Thanks 2late4u...It is a FWD.  Here's the thing, I bought the car used from a dealership other than Dodge.  Car came certified which in Ontario would have been rejected if a broken motor mount was detected.  I am car savvy to an extent and know that engine mounts exist, and can easily spot the ones on top to the left and right of the engine block.  However underneath the car is where my knowledge dwindles, and in the case of the DJ, I'm not sure if what I was looking at is a motor mount.  I specifically asked the dealership I bought it from to make sure that all the mounts were in tact and in good working order, I was assured that everything was fine.  So when I noticed what I did, you could likely understand my frustration.  If I take it to a Dodge dealership or independent mechanic, they will likely charge me a diagnostic fee which I would like to avoid but may need to just suck it up. 

yes if you went to a dodge dealership their would be a fee.but most regular garage would probally look it over for free if its a local garage. that said you didnt mention mileage as i have a 2014 myself with 83 k on it with no problems yet from the motor mounts. so are you having any problems as you didnt mention anything of that sort ? have someone sit in the journey with the hood up and you watching the engine from the side of it and have them put it in drive and slightly give it gas with their foot firmly pushing on the brake pedal if the the engines raises up some of the mounts might be broken, when shifting into reveres does it buck or makes noise it could be motor mounts a reg mechanic could check this sort of stuff out for cheap or just go buy all the mounts and have your local mechanic change them out for you that way you would have your piece of mind this should cost less than $500 or close to it... good luck

Car has just over 71k miles on it.  Bought used and had been sitting outside for about six months.  Did not know this before I bought it or would have second guessed my decision.  Since I have owned it for about three weeks I've had to change the ball joints and camshaft sensor.  I have a very bad vibration over 60 mph's in the floor/seat and if I continue to accelerate, felt in the steering wheel.  This has happened with the OEM rims and with brand new steelies (for winter) and brand new winter tires (General Tire Arctic Max 12).  They have been Hunter Road Force balanced twice.  Someone had mentioned possible frame damage, but that has been ruled out.  The tech at the tire shop I got my tires at suggested engine mounts as a possible issue causing this.  It does make some sense because of the below.

I don't really noticed much shifting from reverse to drive or vise versa...I notice the engine dipping forward when cranking to start it (watched it happen)...You can even feel it when you are in the car.  Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen you feel the car shake briefly.  I've also been experiencing a lot of bucking when the car switches gear (upshift and downshift) mostly in stop and go traffic.  The bucking can be pretty abrupt at times.  It's the 3.6L FWD.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced all 4 of mine. 2009- engine mounts top of engine, right and left side. Trans mounts- you found the one in the front, the rear is just below the exhaust pipe where it goes up to the engine. The bolts for this one are tricky, but you can get them with an extension, wobble, and ratchet pretty easy.