Touchscreen Shutting off and on

Hello, our 2014 Journey is beginning to have issues with the touchscreen display. It kind of fades out, shuts off, then tries to turn back on for about 30 seconds only to shut off again. I tried to take off the negative battery terminal or 30 minutes to no avail. Uconnect shows that I need two updates. Not sure if that would cause the problem I am having. Also not sure if I can update with it shutting off and on like it is.

Okay. Great. Thank you for the reply. I'll be looking for your update. I don't think I'm going to take it to the dealer yet as it is out of warranty and it doesn't sound like they're going to get very far. just charging me to look at it.

Does the screen still work when it's black?  ie  If you touch where the soft keys are does uconnect change things?  If it does, it's likely a software glitch turning the screen black.  If not, it may be the screen itself going out.

I had a situation with my 2011 in which the screen would go black, but the soft keys would still work.   It got fixed with a software update.   Good luck. 

Peace. 

Thanks for the reply. I don't think the screen is still working when it's black. It happens pretty quick, but also when it comes back on it's like it's booting back up.

Hoping to hear back from Nightcrawler. Maybe he will find something out from dealer. :)

Ended up talking to a customer service rep. That took me through the reset process. At first. It seemed like it had worked but after using the car for a bit longer, the screen kept shutting off and now its actually worse. Now, its not just the reset but also a fading white screen. Ill be taking it to the dealership some time next week.

Edited by nitecrawler30

• 1 month later...

My 2012 Crew had a similar problem...first, it would not go past the startup screen, the next time I started it, it kept rebooting the system, and then after sitting overnight, it finally went blank on starting the car. I disconnected the negative terminal and left it disconnected for over 30 minutes and after dropping the nut into the battery cradle and spending 2 hours finding it, reconnected it and now all is well.