2014 SE getting P0456 code

km-04

My daughter was driving the Journey today and the check engine light came on. She called the wife, who told her to take it to the dealer and they checked and told her it was a loose gas cap and charged them $132. For whatever reason, they didn't clear the code and told her the light should cut off soon. It didn't and they made a 7 am appointment at the dealership. I get home from work and check the code myself with Torque, sure enough P0456. I tried clearing the code and the app said it cleared it but the CEL is still on. I took it for a long drive hoping this would clear it, but no. Anyone have any idea how long it should take for the CEL to cut off?

• 3 months later...

sorry how mutch did the dealer charge you for them to tell you it was just the gas cap....what kinda dealer you go too.....I would have though it could have been a courtesy and just charge you 30 dollars or so at max for the code reading …..but whatever...