Dash Cam Suggestions

All, 

It's been a while. 

After getting run off the road, thankfully resulting in nothing more that a few heart felt emails to the truck's parent company...  it has come time to install a dash camera! 

Which ones do you have? Are you satisfied? What are the highlights and features of your respective cameras? Costs and links to Amazon? Considerations for during my install?

Side note:

Keep in mind, I'm in Michigan. The land of 'no fault' insurance. Dash cams here are not popular. For the most part, I've noticed very few people drive aggressive here... I guess the no fault keeps people more or less defensive at all times... As you're S. O. L.  even if the other guy was at fault... 

I'm used to the mobius in my RC airplanes... But don't want to go that route because of the DIY aspects with powering it from a 12v supply. 

I want on that tucks up being the passenger side of the mirror, and has things like 1 hr loop, g sensor, ect. and perhaps other neat features. 

Looking forward to your suggestions or links to other threads! 

Jkeaton, I'll do that now.

JWheat411, That's a pretty cool one. I am very happy to see these units are not super expensive. I'm not sure on this one, even though it's really feature-rich.

I would like the suction cup version better... you know, in case of an accident that wasn't necessarily their fault- when the emergency game of 'hide the dash cam under the passenger seat' needs to take place....

Actually the mount sticks on the window. And the camera will slide in and out of the mount. Might be hard to see that from the Amazon page.

40 minutes ago, NavalLacrosse said:

Jkeaton, I'll do that now.

JWheat411, That's a pretty cool one. I am very happy to see these units are not super expensive. I'm not sure on this one, even though it's really feature-rich.

I would like the suction cup version better... you know, in case of an accident that wasn't necessarily their fault- when the emergency game of 'hide the dash cam under the passenger seat' needs to take place....

• 4 weeks later...

SO, final follow-up. I ended up with a C200-type camera. Picked it up for $36. Suction mounted. Works well- other than the G sensor 50% of the time thinking me leaving my car is a 'mild collision' and recording a 30 second burst.

Here's the link-  This is the dash cam for people, who like me,  care about the 3 dollar price difference between one model, and the next.... and nothing else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2R7M67/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I Like mine, but I would recommend anyone else to really consider the 'Flush Mount' type cameras, as they don't obstruct the forward view as much.