2ohm Speaker Replacements for 2014 Alpine System

Just got through swapping my dash speakers on my 2014 DJ (w/ 7-speaker Alpine) to the 3.5" JBL GX302, which made a huge improvement in the Highs.  However, (as to be expected) my system is currently unbalanced and does not have enough bass.  At the moment, I am going to keep the system stock, avoid adding an aftermarket amp into the mix, or a separate sub.

With that being said, does anyone have recommendations on a good set of 2ohm speakers for the front and rear doors?  I want to avoid going with a 4ohm set and cutting the power output in half. 

I was considering getting two sets of the JBL GX963 6x9" 3-way speakers since I can get a refurbished pair for about $60 on Amazon (knowing that the front doors only receive a mid-range/mid-bass signal).  However, I've read some mixed reviews from other Dodge owners with similar Alpine systems.

Edited by Mark R. Monaco

• 2 years later...

Mark, did you ever get any further on this project? I've been considering the JBL GX963 6x9's, and a Skar IX8 D4 8" dual voice coil 4ohm sub (due to it running off of very low RMS wattage). I read somewhere else, that the Journey door speakers with the Alpine system receive full range, but you said that they only receive mids & lows. Have you confirmed that they only receive mids & lows?

2 hours ago, davidlb512 said:

Mark, did you ever get any further on this project? I've been considering the JBL GX963 6x9's, and a Skar IX8 D4 8" dual voice coil 4ohm sub (due to it running off of very low RMS wattage). I read somewhere else, that the Journey door speakers with the Alpine system receive full range, but you said that they only receive mids & lows. Have you confirmed that they only receive mids & lows?

He has not been on here for over 3 years.