2010 Journey REU Software and address book transer

Hi there. Just joined today as we just got our 2010 Journey R/T with navigation delivered a few days ago. Seems ok so far. The dealer had initially told me on the test drive the kids could watch a dvd and listen while the front could listen to radio or something WITHOUT kids having to use headsets, I found out after delivery this was not true. Kids have to wear headsets for this. Disappointing as Im not sure the little man will keep his on. I have a issue though however with trying to transfer my address book from my blackberry curve over to the uconnect. I have read so much about this prob 8 hours worth and it looks like getting this to work is a crap shoot. I did read someone updated there mygig software and it worked so I'm wondering if someone knows the latest software available for the navigation mygig(REU) I know this sounds strange as the vehicle is a 2010 but stranger things have happened. By blackberry curve has the latest software on that (4.7) but still no go. It is paired and phone does function but every time I try the address book transfer I get a error message saying something like unable to connect push button............ I have done some research and went to http://mofv.com/mygig/ but there just says no update available for REU I'm wondering if I have older software. Thanks to someone if they answer and this looks like a very fun and cool place.

Thanks

Hockeyman2000

I've got a BB Pearl and at first had this issue getting the phonebook to my REQ. Might be similar.

On your phone,

--Go into OPTIONS.

--Go into BLUETOOTH.

--Press MENU button then select OPTIONS. My phone had the address book transfer disabled. Enable this.

--Turn on bluetooth and reconnect to Uconnect. Your radio should automatically transfer after establishing a link.

Hope it helps

I've got a BB Pearl and at first had this issue getting the phonebook to my REQ. Might be similar.

On your phone,

--Go into OPTIONS.

--Go into BLUETOOTH.

--Press MENU button then select OPTIONS. My phone had the address book transfer disabled. Enable this.

--Turn on bluetooth and reconnect to Uconnect. Your radio should automatically transfer after establishing a link.

Hope it helps

Hey thanks for the reply. I did read about this as well and its enabled to all entries. Also tried deleting my call logs read it could jam something up, also refreshed services list and disabled encryption but all had no luck. Gives me a glimmer of hope to know your pearl works with address book, wife has pearl as well and i have same problem with that, thats why I'm wondering about software version on my gig, does yours have navigation?

Thanks

Hi

Your dealer may be right about the DVD headsets too

I'm in the uk and can get audio from either the headsets or the radio

on the player there is a button called "FM MOD"

If you switch this on the DVD player broadcasts its audio on 87.7 FM

Simply tune in the radio to the same frequency

Still cant get my blackberry 8707 address book into Uconnect though !

Hi

Your dealer may be right about the DVD headsets too

I'm in the uk and can get audio from either the headsets or the radio

on the player there is a button called "FM MOD"

If you switch this on the DVD player broadcasts its audio on 87.7 FM

Simply tune in the radio to the same frequency

Still cant get my blackberry 8707 address book into Uconnect though !

The dealer actually told me you could listen to dvd in the back and something different in the front but WITHOUT the head sets this address book thing is such a pain in the a$$ I know you can load them manually through voice rec but I have about 100 contacts and I think you can only do 32 that way.....

The dealer actually told me you could listen to dvd in the back and something different in the front but WITHOUT the head sets this address book thing is such a pain in the a$$ I know you can load them manually through voice rec but I have about 100 contacts and I think you can only do 32 that way.....

I've got an 09 that I have been trying to get a Samsung Gravity to copy the contact list. GOOD LUCK !! iI updated the Journeys unit (an REN) with the latest software and updated the phone as well, but no luck. :banghead: I can get the internet on the phone, but it won't copy the contacts! :banghead: Usually I find the # and hit send & then just use the handsfree (I wait till a red light of course). I think we were sold a bunch of hooy about the contact list.