UConnect

ArmyGuy

When you say 'uConnect', do you mean Bluetooth?  Because uConnect is actually the radio and air conditioning module.

If you meant Bluetooth, unfortunately it isn't practical to add Bluetooth to the vehicle - there's too much to change (rear view mirror, steering wheel controls, clockspring, add in the BT module) and the wiring for it isn't there.

My suggestion would be to do what I did on my last DJ, which also didn't have Bluetooth;  I bought a higher end Garmin navigator (Nuvi 3790 at the time) that had voice command and Bluetooth and installed it above the rear view mirror and ran the power wiring down the right side window pillar and tapped a switched power source.

To make it work I simply used the key phrase (which I changed to something that would never come up in conversation) and manually turned the radio volume down when I went to use the navigator and then back up again after any calls - it gave me traffic as well.

It did the job for me and since my current DJ has both Bluetooth and Navigation my kids borrow it when they borrow their mother's car.

Perhaps the newer DJ is different, but adding bluetooth to my 09 was no big deal.  The radio had the controls on it. I added the blue tooth module, which came with a remote mic.  The  wheel controls worked fine and there is no reason to replace the clockspring. Everything was done at the Dodge dealer, check with them.  Again, the newer cars might be different.  Good luck!

Edited by OhareFred

Yea I do mean the bluthtooth.  I have a 2012 with the 4.3 screen with Sirius.  I want to replace that to the bigger screen, but can't find anywhere on-line how to do buy yourself, without paying thousands of dollars.

23 minutes ago, ArmyGuy said:

Yea I do mean the bluthtooth.  I have a 2012 with the 4.3 screen with Sirius.  I want to replace that to the bigger screen, but can't find anywhere on-line how to do buy yourself, without paying thousands of dollars.

There are several threads in this section describing upgrading.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/forum/11-audio-infotainment-navigation-mygig-uconnect-etc/