Cruise Control doesn't always turn "ON"

My 2013 Crew has been having issues with the Cruise Control ON/OFF switch.  The CC does not always turn ON when the switch is depressed.  However, when the CC does turn ON every other function works.  Also, the CC will always turn OFF when the switch is depressed.  Anyone else experience this scenario?  What was the fix?

I have this same issue with my 2014 Journey.  I use this for my sales job and I put a lot of highway miles on it.  One day I noticed that the Cruise Control button wasn't working so I took it into the dealer.  What do you know, when the car was at the dealer the button was working fine and they said "Looks fine to me".  Again some time after that, maybe a couple weeks, the button stopped working again.  This time I banged on the steering wheel and the Cruise Control worked again.  This has happened to me maybe 5 times through out the year and every time I bang on the steering wheel and it works again.  I refuse to waist my time at the dealer again because with my luck the button will work for them.  I told them that it seems like a connection problem on the back of the button but they won't take it apart to look unless they see it malfunctioning.  Useless..

Edited by Richie Schatz
bad spelling