Can we lose the roof rack?

KnightRoller

While I'm still in shopping mode, I know you cant have everything when getting a used car. I've never liked roof racks, and while I know they can be useful (I've seen them used lots of ways) I've never used one myself, and I love how much cleaner the roofline looks without it. So if thats the only downside to a nice used DJ, what am I looking at to take them off? Bolt holes to fill? Rivet plugs? Rubber grommets?

Its also kind of unfortunate the R/T doesnt get a better rear spoiler ;)

Not sure, but just removing the two cross rails does not work for you ? Seems like a lot of work to also remove the the two rails that run along the edge of the roof sides as well. Sure it can be done  but wonder if you would also need lower head liner to  remove some sort of nuts / fasterers also ?

Almost every R/T I have seen comes without side rails. That said, I think they look goofy without them. In black they are tasteful. I have no idea why anyone purposely choose the chrome ones though. My 2014 SXT has just the side rails in black. For me, no rails would have been a deal breaker. I have two sets of cross bars. One has kayak racks bolted to it, and the other set is plain for carrying other things. 

I respect your position about not wanting something you will never use. If that's the case, go with the R/T, you will not be disappointed.