OEM Heated Seat

Ivens

Hey... I can't find information on how to install OEM heated seats. Either the dealer does not install OEM in my region (Toronto)... just aftermarket. However as mine has the 8.4 screen I want to use the controls there and not install new buttons. Any recommendations?  Any help to disassemble the seat covers would be a great step. Thanks.

Here is the link to the OEM heated seats (parts #9 and 10).

https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/a/Dodge_2017_Journey-SXT-FWD--36L-V6-24V-VVT--6-Speed-Automatic-62TE/__6828608/Front-Seat---Bucket/i2347135.html 

we bought a 2014 crossroad that didnt have heated seats the dealer said they wouldn't install them as the passenger seat has a different kind of airbag sensor in it if the car comes from the factory without the heated seats. so i had Katzkin install the heated seats,  but they also wouldn't put a heater on the passanger side seat bottom due for the same reason, but actually the wife decided she likes it better with just the back of the seat having the heater in it as that way she can use it during the summer when her back is hurting, i have been thinking of disabling the bottom seat heater on the drivers side as well for the same reason and it doesn't get that cold down in alabama for both the upper and lower heating element....

41 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

we bought a 2014 crossroad that didnt have heated seats the dealer said they wouldn't install them as the passenger seat has a different kind of airbag sensor in it if the car comes from the factory without the heated seats. so i had Katzkin install the heated seats,  but they also wouldn't put a heater on the passanger side seat bottom due for the same reason, but actually the wife decided she likes it better with just the back of the seat having the heater in it as that way she can use it during the summer when her back is hurting, i have been thinking of disabling the bottom seat heater on the drivers side as well for the same reason and it doesn't get that cold down in alabama for both the upper and lower heating element....

Uau... That's surprise me... can't imagine the factory using different approaches. They are supposed to be repetitive on their tasks. But if Katzkin confirmed that, seem to be real.

The dealer on my region does not install, but they recommend someone that can do that, not sure if they use OEM or Aftermarket. I sent an email late yesterday and did not received a quote yet... let's see.

3 hours ago, larryl said:

There is nothing wrong with aftermarket and it would be very difficult and expensive to wire into the 8.4 as it would involve the BCM etc.

Also the on-off buttons are not that bad

Well, I normally agree, and i some cases aftermarket can be better that OEM. But in this case, new car, I was planning to have it as much like original as possible.

What is a BCM? Anyway I was not thing it would be simple as the 8.4 does not show me these options today .  was expecting just disable buttons, but they don't exist at all, so extra changes on Uconnect would be necessary too.

Thanks to you both!

Katzskin as 2late4u said they are professional and you wont be sorry...that is what I put in my 13 Crew.

Sometimes an on off switch is good you are not fiddling with a screen to turn on or off

BCM- Body Control Module takes care of almost everything in the vehicle not related to the drivetrain

Good Luck