4 Years and 59k miles later

inerd

I've had my 2013 Dodge Journey R/T for 4 years now and I ran it for 59k miles/95,000 km. This is my first Dodge vehicle. I've been very satisfied with the comfort and utility of the vehicle so far.

However, after the warranty has elapsed, I got hit with a list of repairs that needed to be made. This was assessed by the dealership after I told them to inspect the vehicle (with $50 fee). Most of the repairs are major and expensive, totaling to almost $1,925.35 + Tax, parts and labor. 

Now, I'm wondering if this kind of repair is par for the course for any vehicle brand, or if this is high for a 4-year old, low mileage vehicle. I'm hoping you guys can help me out as my gut says this is ridiculous. Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I should mention that I have kept up with the maintenance and have taken care of the car the best I can.

I have attached a picture of the list of repairs that need to be done.

20170904_161501.jpg

well he should be able to see for himself if their is any leaks,even small ones leave fluid and dirt build up where they are leaking.depends on how the vehicle was driven during the time he owned it and what kind of roads it was driven on, but yes i would defiantly get a second opinion on what is needed

It wouldn't hurt to have it looked at by someone else. The dealer here is infamous for sucking money out of thin air, or at least trying to. It seems like a  bit portion of this list pertains to seals though, which can leak at anytime really. Also, a dealer may have a more strict standard for what they consider "acceptable" condition, especially when it comes to components that have "play". If you've driven it hard, and had it parked outside for most of the time you had it then I would say that perhaps these are all necessary, but again it wouldn't hurt at all to have it looked over. Let us know what you decide on, I'd be interested to hear whether the dealer was just trying to drain your wallet. 

That is an expensive list, in my opinion, not a long list. Yes, dealer prices are going to be more expensive. Yes, get a second opinion. Yes, if work is needed it can be done for much cheaper, mostly if you can do some of it yourself (wipers?). No, probably not out of the ordinary. Depending on where you live, the weather you live in, and your driving style, things do wear out (gaskets, rubber seals, etc).

• If transmission pan leak is from the gasket - a gasket will not cost more than $20 and transmission fluid to refill. If leaking because of something else, aren't the engine and powertrain parts covered for 100,000 miles?
  • Power take off seal - what the hell is that?
  • Rear axle seal leak - is this not covered in the powertrain 100K warranty?
  • Rear toe - Did this another one of my vehicles and it was less than $200 (plus alignment I believe)...Journeys must be very different
  • Wipers - Costco

Anyway, get a second opinion/price quote and good luck.