tow package prep / oil cooler

evgeny_a

is anybody have a pictures of oil cooler?

how is sway control working? - any warning lights?

For the sway control, I don't think there is a light. And here's how it works:

Trailer Sway Control[1] (TSC) senses trailer sway and takes action by automatically applying the right amount of braking to maintain control.

And look at the video here: http://www.dodge.com/en/2010/journey/performance/towing/

For the sway control, I don't think there is a light. And here's how it works:

And look at the video here: http://www.dodge.com/en/2010/journey/performance/towing/

My RT didn't have the tow package when I asked the place where I had my hitch installed they said they didn't have engine oil cooler only a transmission oil cooler so they installed that. Do I need a engine oil cooler too?

My RT didn't have the tow package when I asked the place where I had my hitch installed they said they didn't have engine oil cooler only a transmission oil cooler so they installed that. Do I need a engine oil cooler too?

No, the transmission oil cooler will be enough.

No, the transmission oil cooler will be enough.

in all of my old cars was installed transmission cooler for towing

now i have factory installed oil cooler - is it replace trany cooler?

how now protected gear oil from being oveheated?

anybody have issues with overheated transmission after towing? <_<

I had much the same question and asked a bunch of places. I was told from Dodge directly, that the Journey comes standard with a transmission oil cooler. For the trailer tow prep, they have included the engine oil cooler. I was told that it helps keep the oil a more uniform temp at high RPMs and under a load while towing. For those that didn't get the option installed, there are kits available, that look very similar to the stock option used. Collar screws onto the oil filter recepticle and the oil filter screws onto the collar, lines run to a cooling block attached to the rad. It is about $150.00.

I had much the same question and asked a bunch of places. I was told from Dodge directly, that the Journey comes standard with a transmission oil cooler. For the trailer tow prep, they have included the engine oil cooler. I was told that it helps keep the oil a more uniform temp at high RPMs and under a load while towing. For those that didn't get the option installed, there are kits available, that look very similar to the stock option used. Collar screws onto the oil filter recepticle and the oil filter screws onto the collar, lines run to a cooling block attached to the rad. It is about $150.00.

[/quot/]

May be transmisssion cooler that caming with tow prep. a liitle bigger then original?

How to prevent overheating oil in transmission when towing?

Even we cant check condition of transmission oil to prevent tranny damage?

• 5 years later...