U.K. Dodge Journey 2009 2.0 diesel

Hi, I have been having issues for a while, when setting off in 1st there's a bang as though a transmission mount was broken, we found one with damage so replaced it with a new one, ok for a couple days and then starts again, garage cannot find what the problem is, now it went into limp mode (wouldn't go past 20mph) and wouldn't change gear even when trying manually, next day started it and drove like a dream !!!

took it to my bro in law who put it on the diagnostic machine which only came up transmission solenoid, he cleared it and fine for a couple days, now it is fine, then limp mode, then flys off as if it's driving itself, then it kangaroos like mad, turn the car off drives fine lol !! I'm at a loss, I was told £1800 to replace a solenoid !!  Which is ridiculous in my book, I can have a recon gear box fitted for £2000 ish, I'm wondering as anyone had a similar experience and if so did you manage to solve the problem ?? Thank you for taking time to read this and I look forward to any info people may have ! I appreciate it very much, mike