Inner Tie Rod wearing

BUGS

Went for annual check up, mechanic found dr side inner tie rod worn and the other loose. Both need to be replaced (30K km). Dealer says most of suspension linked to steering will be replaced under warranty. Takes three hours. Anyone had this issue yet. And outer pad on rear brakes down to 3/32 inch (abnormal wear compared to the rest of the pads - no warranty) I will be moving into ceramic pads soon.

update: Oct 23. I got the Journey back today. In the shop for day and a half. Appears there are no suppliers for inner tie rods so they ended up replacing the whole 'rack'. Took over five hours of warranty time. Let's see how long this lasts.

• 10 months later...

got 50,000 klms on mine got the inner tie rod driver side done and outer tie rods and a drivers side ball joint, luckily it was all under warranty, seems like all this should not happen, this is a new model vehicle and the representation of a new model should have better reliability.

• 3 weeks later...

got 50,000 klms on mine got the inner tie rod driver side done and outer tie rods and a drivers side ball joint, luckily it was all under warranty, seems like all this should not happen, this is a new model vehicle and the representation of a new model should have better reliability.

Actually, first year new models are notorious for having issues thus you get a better warranty (tranny). After all they are the first of their kind out in the real world in real conditions. I waited for a '10 hoping most of the bugs were worked out. With the exception of brakes everything has been minor.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, first year new models are notorious for having issues thus you get a better warranty (tranny). After all they are the first of their kind out in the real world in real conditions. I waited for a '10 hoping most of the bugs were worked out. With the exception of brakes everything has been minor.

When I pull into my garage I have to turn the wheel to get my Journey in all the way, but when I turn it back to the left I hear a clicking noise. Any idea what this is?? :blink: :mellow:

• 1 month later...

When I pull into my garage I have to turn the wheel to get my Journey in all the way, but when I turn it back to the left I hear a clicking noise. Any idea what this is?? :blink: :mellow:

Dunno.. Could just be the power steering linkage or rocks under your tires. As your garage is just a big box, you might notice a few unknown sounds because the sound is bouncing off the walls and to your ears. If you can noticebly reproduce it outside of the garage then I suggest taking it to the dealership.