LED DOME LIGHT

Crayis89

Hey everyone I installed after market led bulbs on all interior lights of my 2016 Dodge Journey se but they won't turn on everytime I unlock it.. they will only turn on if I turn it on drive it and park lock and unlock .. if I lock in once and go back to it they will only turn on after I start the Journey.. has anyone else had this problem

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:45 AM, jkeaton said:

I installed LED's in my 2013 and do no have this issue. Maybe 2016 is more sensitive to LED's. Are yours canbus compatible?

If you don't mind me asking, which ones did you buy and do they still dim on door closing?

Edited by QuarterSwede

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 8:45 AM, jkeaton said:

I installed LED's in my 2013 and do no have this issue. Maybe 2016 is more sensitive to LED's. Are yours canbus compatible?

Im having the same issues.  Mine were just some cheap ones off Amazon and they were doing the same thing.  No light when unlocking or opening doors, just overall didn't work well at all.  What difference does it make If they are canbus compatible?

2 hours ago, Usefu1_1diot said:

Im having the same issues.  Mine were just some cheap ones off Amazon and they were doing the same thing.  No light when unlocking or opening doors, just overall didn't work well at all.  What difference does it make If they are canbus compatible?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/blog/can-bus-led-bulbs/293/

On 10/12/2016 at 11:01 PM, Crayis89 said:

Hey everyone I installed after market led bulbs on all interior lights of my 2016 Dodge Journey se but they won't turn on everytime I unlock it.. they will only turn on if I turn it on drive it and park lock and unlock .. if I lock in once and go back to it they will only turn on after I start the Journey.. has anyone else had this problem

Which lights are you replacing? I'm pretty sure my 2016 came with LEDs. The 2 little spot lights in the center roof console? I'm not really sure where their mounted threw out the real, I never sit back there. In fact the light on the inside of the rear lift gate is the only light that isn't LED 

2 hours ago, Camper said:

Glove box light isn`t LED as well

Oh! Okay Camp. I wasn't even thinking that route. I guess the title of the thread threw me off. No worries. Well Hell! In that sense, is there anything that can be done with the color / brightness of all the little accent lights all over the cabin? 

Now that I think of it, there is probably already a thread for that. Oh well, just throwing it out there....