Sunroof drip rail along the back of the vehicle?

wyoram

I have been dealing with my sunroof leaking water and staining my headliner since March of this year. I finally got a Chrysler rep to take a look at the car to get it fixed. Sounds like they are going to replace every single part involved with the sunroof and drainage system, including a new headliner. Which will be the second one they have changed. The dealer has had my car for over a week and I am guessing they are waiting on parts. Which sounds like it could be a long time before they get all the parts.

Back to my original subject. Those that have sunroofs. Do you have a a plastic tray in the back of the sunroof to catch any water that might drip into the interior? Mine does not have one installed and it is one of the parts they will be putting in.

And if they don't get my car fixed the Journey will be going bye-bye and get lemoned out. That is what I want to do with it. Of course I see it being a long road ahead of me for that option. Car manufactures can never own up and say they had a bad car come out of their factory and drag things out.

Seems to me 75% of these cars were lemons haha.

Well, I don't know about 75% but there have been quite a few owners with some significant complaints. I've had my Journey for 6 months and no complaints. It runs great, rides very good, is extremely quiet and I haven't had any engine, transmission, vibration issues whatsoever. I think one aspect of this forum like any other is that owners that are having problems seek more information and register on forums to discuss the issues. The large majority of owners who have no problems just putter along contently. So I think that although there seem to be some reoccurring problems, I think that we're not hearing from the majority of owners who haven't had any issues and haven't registered. Just my 2 cents.

I have been dealing with my sunroof leaking water and staining my headliner since March of this year. I finally got a Chrysler rep to take a look at the car to get it fixed. Sounds like they are going to replace every single part involved with the sunroof and drainage system, including a new headliner. Which will be the second one they have changed. The dealer has had my car for over a week and I am guessing they are waiting on parts. Which sounds like it could be a long time before they get all the parts.

Back to my original subject. Those that have sunroofs. Do you have a a plastic tray in the back of the sunroof to catch any water that might drip into the interior? Mine does not have one installed and it is one of the parts they will be putting in.

And if they don't get my car fixed the Journey will be going bye-bye and get lemoned out. That is what I want to do with it. Of course I see it being a long road ahead of me for that option. Car manufactures can never own up and say they had a bad car come out of their factory and drag things out.

Don't know about the drip pan but mine leaked pretty good on me. They found that the drain hoses were kinked where water would normally be passed. They also found an alignement problem. Fixed on first try.

Don't know about the drip pan but mine leaked pretty good on me. They found that the drain hoses were kinked where water would normally be passed. They also found an alignement problem. Fixed on first try.

Glad yours was fixed. So far the work done on my car has been the drain hose TSB. And when they performed that they found a blockage in the drain hose. Installed two sunroof gaskets. Replaced the the headliner once and now have a second one to put in. The alignment was checked a couple times and it is within spec. I personally saw them check it and have a copy of what the alignment should be. Plus they have put in a whole new sunroof assembly. I know a bodyshop guy and he said he could fix it for me by replacing the roof with no sunroof. WOW! Really extreme but it would work. LOL.

One of the things that bugged me was the drain tube deal. That will not fix the water coming into the vehicle. They need to focus on stopping the water not the drainage system.