How can I add the nav app to my uconnect

Hello, I just bought a brand new Dodge Journey plus 2016 with 15 miles on it. I have 8.4 uconnect and it does not have the nav on it. I wanted to know if and how I can add the nav to it. The salesman said I might be able to add it by getting the app and put it on a sd card and upload the nav to it. It does have the backup cam on it.

thank you in advance, 

sealizard.

You can only add nav to it if the radio was "NAV READY" which

entails getting the code to enable it.

You can not  run apps from SD card with the Uconnect software

it would have to employ either Android or Apple Ready software

structure.

Another sales person who will say what you want hear for their commission.

10 minutes ago, Sealizard said:

Thank you for your reply. Can I upgrade the software to make it nav ready. And how can I tell if the sofware I have now is nav read or not?

I will not pretend to know if that's possible however if

you go here:http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html?screenName=newVehicle&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

go to "equipment listing" and enter your VIN # it will generate a pdf file with what your DJ was equipped with

when it left the factory.

Other than that you will probably have to purchase a used unit from a supplier on the net.

The link is cute, but the answer is a no-brainer.  You don't have nav and there's no reason to check, unless you are hoping to see if you have a tow package or some other option in the vehicle that doesn't show up on your contract.

Car salesmen are idiots for the most part.  I wish they would have enough pride in their vocation to learn something . . . . . ANYTHING about the products they sell and/or learn to admit when they are blowing smoke out their butts. 

Case in point:  Years ago I wanted to buy a 6 cylinder Honda Accord. The 'sales manager' insisted that they didn't make it that way.  I asked him three times if he was certain.  He insisted that he'd been selling the brand for 10 years and he knew for certain.

That's when I shifted my ass to the right to expose the emblem on the Accord I was leaning against that showed it was a six.  I then suggested that he must have been fast asleep for the past ten years and explained that I would not be buying from them for reasons that I hoped would be obvious.  He really wondered why that was and asked me several times to which I responded that the customers shouldn't know more about the products than the dealers and that I, for one abhor incompetence - it didn't help their case that they refused to negotiate, insisting that MSRP plus all of the rip-off adder charges they were tacking on to the list price was the best anyone would be able to do.

So I walked out and bought an Acura TL with more power, more equipment and paid less for it than this bozo wanted for his 'non-existent' Accord.

Unless you have the 8.2A (which does not come in the Journey) it has nothing to do with codes. The uConnect supplied in the Journey is the 8.2 (there's no A).  It doesn't run apps.

If you have SiriusXM capability and the 8.2 inch screen adding Nav involves simply swapping out the TGM (Telemematics Gateway Module, otherwise known as the radio) for the 8.2N version, which has the navigation hardware.  If you didn't have SiriusXM you'd need to upgrade the antenna and cabling to it and if you didn't have an 8.2 it would get somewhat more complex.

But you have both Sirius and an 8.2, so all you need to buy is the appropriate TGM and get an unlock code for it if it comes from a post-2012 unit - previous models had no antitheft codes  - as it happens I have a 2014 one for sale in the classified section of the board.

Edited by bramfrank