Greeting from Georgia

pzookey

Just found this Forum And wanted to drop in and say hello. We just bought our first Journey a little over a month ago and love it. I have always been a fan of Mopar and there a couple residing here. My wife has the Journey as her Daily Driver and the main Family car. My Daily driver is an 86 Dodge D150 short bed with just a little over 425,000 miles on the original Slant 6. Another Dodge sitting at the House is a project. We are the proud owners and users of a 1976 Dodge Travco Mahal 2+2 Motorhome that we are restoring (more restomod) and camping in. We just finished an 1835 mile round trip from Georgia to Ohio, Michigan and back home while pulling the Journey on a Dolly.

IMG_20160727_0753058_rewind.jpg

The RV was considered top of the line in its day. It was built by Travco Starting in 1963 with various changes up until 1980 when they were sold out of bankruptcy to Foretravel who continued building them up until the early 90's. From 63 to the early 70's these were sold as the Dodge Motorhome. They were available through Dodge dealerships and had a Dodge warranty. Ray Frank Started the company and one of the industry leaders that had RV's designated as Passenger vehicles instead of commercial trucks.