Uconnect phone audio issues

About a week ago, my 4.3S radio started acting up with my phone (Galaxy S7).  The audio during calls (from the time the phone starts ringing through hanging up) would sound distorted.  Think about what audio sounds like when your computer freezes and you'll get the idea of what it sounds like - choppy, broken, and garbled.  I parked, turned off the engine, and let it sit for a minute, then restarted.  Everything seemed ok.

It happened again this morning.  I also swapped connected phones (used an iPhone 6s) and got the same issue, even after restarting the motor.  In addition to this, it seems to have developed a desire to automatically transfer calls to my phone instead of keeping them at the radio for incoming calls.

I called my dealership and was able to reproduce the issue while I was on the phone with the service manager (who agreed that it sounded awful on his end), so that shouldn't require any further convincing.

I have it scheduled for service on Tuesday.  Hopefully it just needs a replacement Bluetooth module - I'd hate to have to get the entire radio replaced since it will take longer to get that back.

While they're at it, they need to take care of the ABS wiring harness recall and the tailgate/bumper paint rubbing issue (somehow, the bumper/tailgate seems mis-aligned, even though the gaps on each side appear identical - net result is some rubbing/scratching under the tailgate door on the bumper that is only visible when the tailgate is open).  At least all those parts are plastic!

I hadn't made a call to them the first time it happened because A) I'm in IT, and I don't believe a problem exists until it happens again, and B) I couldn't duplicate it the first time.  Second time it happens?  Problem exists (can't pinpoint the cause) and is audible on both sides of the conversation with multiple phones using different operating systems - ie, problem is isolated to the vehicle.  The radio sounded fine on it's own (I didn't check Bluetooth audio, but I probably should have).

And after closer inspection of my tailgate, the left side has a narrower gap than the right side.  It's definitely mis-aligned somewhere.  That makes the solution relatively simple.

The factory white alignments marks for my tailgate are finally gone after two years of going through the car wash!  Every once in a while mine will do something weird, but the incident is never duplicated so I just chalk it off to an electronic hiccup!

Well, got it back yesterday - the ABS recall is done, the tailgate is aligned properly and they buffed out the scratches.  You can still see where they were, but since it can only be seen while the tailgate is open, I'm not overly concerned.

They were not able to duplicate the audio issues after: disconnecting the battery, deleting all paired devices, and trying their own phone.

I've still got 18+ months of factory warranty, plus another 98 years or so under my Mopar plan, so when/if it fails entirely, it will get fixed.