New 20x8.5 +40mm offset Rims on 2015 R/T

DJDiggler

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share my experience buying 20's for my 2015 Journey!  I live in canada and even though I actually work at a tire shop it was near impossible to find decent 20" rims that would fit the Journey! I didn't want chrome and really wanted something different... so I found a set online in the US at a place that would actually ship 4 rims up here for a reasonable price and took the chance.  They are Gianna Fanatic 20x8.5 40mm offset rims (Black with machined face). Tires are BFG Geforce Comp 2 245/45R20.  Rims fit great, no rubbing or calliper issues at all. These are aparently show rims and the valve stems are actually on the inside edge of the rim, (just about lost my mind when I opened the box as I thought they drilled it wrong), but there is tons of clearance back there so it wasn't an issue. Haven't had to air up a tire yet though. ;)

IMG_20160529_165510.jpgIMG_20160719_122507.jpg

IMG_20160529_170102.jpgIMG_20160529_165424.jpg

They came with black plastic inserts so I purchased a spray can of color matched Journey Blue, (the paint requires a can of clear coat also),  and painted them to match.  Looks much better!  They sent me an extra full set of inserts for some reason and I'd like to try getting them chromed... is it possible to chrome plastic at a shop somewhere? I know there is "chrome" spary paint but it's just glorified silver if you ask me.  I bought them from www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com and they were very accomidating to someone ordering from Canada.  They quoted me the total cost including shipping, duties, taxes, right up front in CDN dollars, and guaranteed no extra charges upon delivery. I ordered black lug nuts also and every freaking nut, (there were extras of those also), was individually packaged in it's own little baggie so it didn't get scratched. Rims were $234, shipping $150, Taxes/Duty $175 (US $).  More than I wanted to spend on rims but I was already burning off my winter tires as we had a hot spring and I just couldnt find anything locally. ;(