Time on accessory

Hello everyone

First sorry for my crappy english. My primary language is french and i dont have many ways to practice.

How many time your DJ last on accessories with radio on? Yesterday i go watch the firework. When the show start I start the radio on acc. 30 minutes later, the car refused to start... no crank, the outside temp say -40. Everything else work well..

The battery is less than 2 year old. The dealer change it because of a service engine light came up in winter.

Its is normal to change the battery every 2 year?

Thanks!!

Welcome!

Are you sure your car was in the accessory? I know I once thought I was in accessory but was actually in the run position with the engine off.

That being said, there has been alot of discussion about the DJ batteries. The one in my 09 lasted 4 years, the one in my wifes 04 Chrysler lasted 10 years! It was still working fine when I changed it but didnt want to chance another Chicago winter with a 10 year old battery. Some members batteries only lasted a year, some still have the original. Its really kinda hit or miss. I would think most batteries would last 5 years or so. Many things can cause a shortened battery life. Heat, cold, short trips, low milage, low use etc. All you can do is test it and the charging system.